Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

One More Sleep Until I'm Officially a School Counselor

    I'm up later than I should be since tomorrow is the first day of school. My body's clock isn't used to going to sleep at 9:30, yet. Yes, I go to bed that early. Bahaha Anyway, my point is that I'm still awake and the alarm will go off at 5.

    I have ALL the feels about the official first day of my career. I'm excited, nervous, clueless at times, rocking it at times, pumped, and eager. My office is ready. The bulletin board is done. My little binders are stuffed full of resources.

      But when it all piles up, can I actually keep it all organized? Will I still be compassionate after weeks of exhausting cases? Will I document everything correctly? And don't get me started on testing. Yikes.

And the biggest question rolling through my mind...
Will I make the difference that I have dreamed of making?

There is just one more sleep between me and answering those questions. One more sleep between me and what I spent five years, countless hours, and those wonderful student loans, to do. Tomorrow morning I start my first year as a school counselor.

Lunch- check.
Outfit picked out- check.
Work bag ready.

Now I guess the only thing to do is get to that one more sleep!


Any starting the school year advice? Please leave a comment below!

From the Middle with Love,

Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment